Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) assesses the English proficiency of the candidates, whose native language doesn't happen to be English. It basically to tests the ability to comprehend North American English.
Most of the institutes in the United States and Canada require TOEFL scores. The test is also used by institutions in other countries where English is the language of Instruction. The TOEFL test is conducted across 4,500 test centers in 165 countries. For more info visit - http://www.ets.org/toefl
Test Format for TOEFL
It is a single format test known as TOEFL iBT Test.
Listening Comprehension assesses the student’s ability to understand North American English.
Structure & Written Expression assesses the candidate’s ability to recognise language appropriate for standard written English.
Vocabulary & Reading Comprehension assesses the candidate’s ability to understand non-technical reading material.
Essay Writing assesses the candidate’s ability to express ideas in standard written English.
The TOEFL test is taken for the following reasons:
- It is required by the students who go for a higher education in a foreign university
- It is required for scholarship and certifications
- For admissions in English language learning program
- For judging the progress of English language
- It is required by the students and workers who wish to apply for visas
Who Accepts TOEFL?
More than 9,000 colleges, agencies and other institutions in over 130 countries accept TOEFL scores. Other organisations are also there who rely on TOEFL scores.
- Immigration departments use them to issue residential and work visas
- Medical and licensing agencies use them for professional certification purposes
- Individuals use them to measure their progress in learning English
How Can Touchstone Help You?
Touchstone has been helping students with TOEFL since long. Students have been gaining immensely with our hand holding. Our trainers have been trained in the latest methodology and have vast experience in coaching students for TOEFL.
Our trainers assist the students in solving questions in the right way .They introduce useful ideas and theories and then do brainstorming on variety of activities. At Touchstone, students are exposed to number of different tasks and activities to develop better comprehension skills.
Our students work on various skill sets and with patience and perseverance, they proceed to improve upon those skills through sample questions and interactive skill-building programmes. Personal touch by our teachers help students to scale higher levels and they don't get work anxiety.