IELTS EXAM CHECKLIST
IELTS EXAM CHECKLIST
Terms & Conditions
Write To Us
Notice to Candidates
Candidates engaging in malpractice will not be allowed to complete the test and will not receive an IELTS test result. Candidates engaging in malpractice may be banned from taking the test in future, and may be liable to legal action. Candidates engaging in malpractice may be reported to regulatory authorities globally.
Your IELTS test result
- Results are issued by centres, usually 13 days after the test.
- You will receive only one copy of your Test Report Form.
Replacement copies are not issued in the event of loss or damage.
- The Test Report Form will be issued in your name as it appears on the identity document used at registration. If you find that your personal details are incorrect on the Test Report
Form, please contact the centre where you took the test. Documentation must be provided to verify the correct details. If you change your name after receiving your Test Report Form, the name will not be changed on the Test Report Form.
- Your result may not be issued 13 days after the test if the IELTS Test Partners decide that it is necessary to review any matter associated with your test or the administration of your
test. To assist any investigation, you may be required to provide writing and speaking samples. In exceptional circumstances you may be required to re-take one or more IELTS
- Your result may be cancelled after it has been issued if any irregularity is identified. You may be required to re-take one or more IELTS components.
- Your result will be disclosed to the Recognising Organisations which you nominated in your application or to which you applied with your Test Report Form, for the purpose of allowing those organisations to verify the result or to carry out any enquiries in relation to suspected malpractice.
- If any of the data on the Test Report Form provided by you or your agent to Recognising Organisations has been altered in any way, your original test result may be
- Candidates are not permitted access to the work they produce in the IELTS test.
Cancelling your IELTS test or requesting a transfer
For information on cancelling your IELTS test or requesting a transfer, please go to ielts.org.
How IELTS uses your information
- The IELTS Test Partners recognise and support the right of IELTS test candidates to privacy.
- When you provide your identity information the IELTS Test Partners link that information to your IELTS test and test result on the Test Report Form. This enables you to submit your
Test Report Form to Recognising Organisations and for them to verify your result.
- Test Report Forms will only be sent to those Recognising Organisations nominated by the candidate in their application or at the request of the candidate after the issue of results.
When a candidate submits a Test Report Form to a Recognising Organisation they consent to the verification of the result by that organisation.
- The IELTS Test Partners or their authorised representatives may share candidate personal data including without limitation test performance or score data, or photographs or video
recordings taken by the test centre, with UKVI or law enforcement agencies and regulatory authorities where required for verification purposes or other purposes to protect the IELTS test and its stakeholders against any form of malpractice. Finger-scan data, where obtained, will not be disclosed to any entity except the IELTS Test Partners.
- The IELTS Test Partners will retain work produced by candidates in the IELTS test and may se it for quality control purposes and for investigations into suspected malpractice. Test score data and test responses, in an anonymous form, may also be used for informational, research, statistical or training purposes.
Last minute tips
- Have a good sleep: In order to be more energetic and active on the test day, aim to get at least 8 hours of sleep a night before the final test. It will also help you to retain more
- Eat a good breakfast: You will have several hours of concentration ahead of you and you will need food and drink in the morning. You may even want to bring more food or a snack with you to eat after the morning tests, especially if your speaking test is at a later time that day. You cannot take food or drink into the test room.
- Use only pencils