While attempting the IELTS Test, it is very important to pay equal attention to all the four sections, namely: Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening. In addition to being proficient in English language, you are also required to have time management skills.
What do you do to score better in the IELTS Reading Test?
Generally increase reading speed by reading more and more. Well, that’s right. In addition to increasing your reading speed, you have to focus on specific reading passages which you will find in the IELTS Test more often.
Here is a list of some sources that will help you in preparing for the IELTS Reading section.
- New Scientist- It is a weekly science and technology magazine with diverse subject matter. It is advisable to read this for enhancing your reading skills.
- The Economist- A weekly newspaper laying emphasis on international politics and business news & opinion.
- Interscience- It includes online editions of scientific, medical, technical, and professional journals.
- Australian geographic- It is a fact-filled and entertaining reference for those who like Australia. Everything related to Australia can be found in this.
- The British museum- It is an online publication including all the facts and news of British countries.
All these magazines and online publications consist of articles you can read. Going through the articles mentioned in these offline and online sources, you will find it easy to get familiar with the style and level of articles you are likely to see in an actual IELTS Test. In addition to improving your reading skills, these sources will also help you in expanding your vocabulary.