PREPARATION OF IELTS READING
The reading test lasts for 60 minutes. This test contains 3 sections with a total of 40 questions. You are also required to transfer the answers onto a given answer sheet within the given time limit. The test is used to assess your ability to read and grasp the main idea behind the text accurately. Thus, to prepare for Reading test you need to practice it daily with acute attention.
Provided below are some useful tips for preparation of IELTS Reading test:
- Make sure that you follow all the instructions and understand the question.
- Always look for the title, heading or any other special feature provided i.e. figures, underlining, capitals, italics, tables etc.
- Take care of timing. It is not recommended to spend too much time on one question or passage.
- Read for the purpose of extracting the required information. It is not preferable to read each and every word.
- Attempt every question. There is no negative marking for a wrong answer.
- Stay calm even if you are not aware of the subject of the text in question. All the answers will be found in the text itself.
- Do not change the form or origin of the words in your answer from the words in the text in question. Do write your answer in the same form.
- Keep a check on your spellings.
- Stay alert while using singular and plural form of a word.
- Adhere to the asked work limit.
** Do not attempt to apply your knowledge regarding the subject in text while writing answers. All the answers will be provided in the given text.
** Always manage your time in a way so that you are left with enough time to review your answers.
If you practice Reading as per the above mentioned tips, you will be able to perform well in your IELTS Reading test.